Belly Fat one of the major issue for every women today. It may be because lack of following routine workouts, changing lifestyles, and also the eating habits.
Due to the busy life no one will have the time to spend quality time at Gym. You will realise only then, its time for some workout is when you find your jeans or shirt which is very comfortable a month ago is no more comfortable to wear.
Getting rid of belly fat is more important, because it will lead to many other diseases and increases the risk of happy living. Following a proper diet and quality workout will help you reduce the Belly Fat.
Yoga is one such exercise which not only helps you reduce your belly fat but also helps in relieving your stress levels, and helps you in having better sleep. With peace of mind you may focus on your body and also will follow some healthy diet.
Here in this article I will discuss about some asanas which helps you in reducing the stubborn Belly Fat. Follow them at home for some good 30 minutes every day to find the results. And a healthy diet also plays vital role along with the workout.
Note : Please avoid doing this asanas if you are pregnant, if you undergone a surgery recently, and have back pain.
Below are few Asanas which help in loosing some Belly Fat
1. Bhujangasana ( Cobra Pose )
This is one of the best asana for abdominal muscle contraction. It will not only reduce the Belly Fat, but also strengthens the back, abdomen and entire upper-body.
How to do Bhujangasana
- Lie downwards facing towards the floor.
- Place both the hands near your chest.
- Make sure you keep your toes close enough.
- Now, breath in and slowly rise your chest and bend backwards as much as possible.
- You should feel the bend near your hip area.
- Depending on the capacity stay in this position from 15-20 seconds.
- Breath out and slowly come back to the normal posture.
- Repeat the same asana for 3-5 times.
2. Naukasana ( Boat Pose )
This asana may be difficult to perform initially that you cannot hold this position for 15-20 seconds. But on regular practise you can hold for 1-2 minutes.
It helps in contracting the abdominal muscles, also strengthens the legs and back muscles. Not only your Belly Fat it also increases the stamina.
How to do Naukasana
- Lie down on the mat, facing upwards.
- Breath in and slowly raise your body (head, chest and legs ) from the ground.
- Make sure your legs and your upper body are in 45 degrees angle or making a V shape.
- Balance the position by stretching your hands parallel to your legs.
- Breathe normally.
- Hold in this position for 20-30 seconds.
- slowly come to normal position.
3. Kumbhakasana ( Plank )
It may look simple but this is one of the most effective asana to reduce Belly Fat. Not only that it is also effective in strengthening and toning the arms, shoulders, buttocks, thighs, abdomen, and back.
How to do Kumbhakasana
- Stay low on the ground and place both your hands like bhujangasana.
- Inhale and rise your body upwards.
- Making a straight line of your body from toe to head.
- Balance the position on your hands and toes.
- Make your abdomen area firm by inhaling. keep your head parallel to the ground.
- Release to the normal position, first by keeping the knees down.
- Initially it may seem difficult in staying in this position for 20 secs. But on regular practise you can stay in this position for 1-2 minutes.
4. Dhanurasana ( Bow Pose )
Dhanurasana also called as Bow pose helps to tone the abdomen muscles. It also fights against constipation, and helps in stretching abdomen, back, thighs, arms, and chest.
How to do Dhanurasana
- Lie down on the mat facing downwards.
- Bend your knees upwards, now hold your legs with the help of your hands.
- Inhale and bend backwards lifting your head upwards.
- Keep your legs away from the ground making a bow posture.
- Stay in this posture for 15-20 seconds.
- Breath out and come back to normal posture.
5. Ushtrasana ( Camel Pose )
This is done in contrast to Naukasana. An amazing back bend which stretches and tones abdomen muscles, thighs, thorax, quadriceps, and entire front body.
It helps in improving the digestion, strengthens the back and shoulders. Gives relief in lower back pain and menstural discomfort.
How to do Ushtrasana
- Start the posture by siting in vajrasana position.
- You can directly go to ushtrasana posture from Vajrasana with some practise.
- Initially do the asana with the help of your hands. Kneel down on your knees, and feet facing the ceiling.
- Place one hand on your ankle, now raise your other hand and place that on other ankle.
- Your head should face backwards, bend backwards until you feel the contraction in the abdomen.
- Stay in the same position for 20-30 seconds.
- Slowly relax and come back to vajrasana.
There are many other asanas which help in reducing the fat around the waist area. Also follow the healthy food habits, make sure you eat clean. Studies also shown that sleeplessness also leads to overeating and eventually it effects the gut health.